Dudhi ke Parathe
(Bottle Gourd Parathe) (Lauki Ke Parathe)
Ingredients: (For 2 persons)
1 Small Size Dudhi (Bottle Gourd)
1/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
2 1/2 cup wheat flour (Gavache Pith)
1 tea spoon turmeric powder ( Haldi Powder)
5 Green Chillies
1/2 inch ginger
4 Garlic flakes
1 tea spoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
1 tea spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
and 1 Glass Water
Salt as per taste
1/2 cup Ghee or butter
1. Wash and Peel the Dudhi (bottle Gourd) then grade it and remove all the water from it.
2. Make a paste of Green chillies,garlic and ginger.
3.Take a bowl and add graded dudhi,gram flour(Besan),Wheat flour,paste of green chillies,ginger and garlic,cumin seeds (jeera),Ajawain (Carom seeds),turmeric powder,salt as per taste.
4. Then make the dough by adding the sufficient water to it. Also knead it to make it soft dough.
5. Now prepare the balls from the soft dough. And then roll the balls to give it a roti shape. Once you have rolled the paratha.
6. Now fry the paratha from both sides in butteror ghee. Allow it to become red. Once it is red, this indicates that paratha is ready.
7. Now Parahta is ready to serve and believe me you will definitely like eating it.
This dish is healthy parahta.
Serving Tip: Serve this paratha with Tomato sauce,Tomato Ketchup or with Pudina Chatni.